This is one of my favourite snacks – high in protein and omega 3 fats, high in fibre and a number of essential minerals, and it kinda tastes like a dessert! Winning.
Note: this is best when made the night before, soaked overnight
- 2 tbsp chia seeds (any colour)
- 1/4 cup milk (any kind) or water
- your choice of toppings (see below)
- Soak chia seeds in liquid – preferably overnight – or until liquid is completely absorbed. I find the easiest way to do this is put the chia seeds and liquid in a jar, shake it up and leave it soak in there.
- Top with whatever you like – my favourite is 3 tbsp greek yoghurt, 1 tbsp almond butter, 1/3 banana (sliced) and a handful of blueberries.
For toppings, think: plain yoghurt, berries, banana, stone fruit, mango, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, almond butter or other nut butters, bee pollen, cacao nibs, buckwheat kernels.. the options are endless!
Tip: If you find it a little bland, add more fruit or a bit of honey.