It doesn’t get much easier that making fried rice in your rice cooker, right? This recipe is pretty basic, and you can add whatever protein you like to it – scramble some eggs and add those in, or sauté some mushrooms and mix them through once the rice is done. Either way, it’s delicious! And so bloody easy 😊
- 1/4 cup each of: corn, peas, chopped broccoli and carrot (can use frozen or fresh)
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 2 cups brown rice
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 cups water
- pinch of salt and pepper
- With rice cooker on high, cook oil, garlic and onion in rice cooker for 2-3 minutes until onion is softened. Add salt and pepper and brown rice, and stir through.
- Add vegetable stock liquid and water, and all vegetables.
- Stir, cover and all rice cooker to cook as per usual.
- Stir through the soy sauce and any extra protein you want to add (eggs, mushrooms, etc) and serve!
Note: the rice cookers tend to get hot around the edges, so be careful not to grip edges when stirring