Makes 10 muffins
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 16-18 minutes
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/2 cup quinoa flour
- 2 heaped tsp almond meal
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1/3 cup raw or coconut sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk (you can use a plant-based milk to make these muffins dairy-free!)
- 5 tbsp coconut oil, softened
- 1/2 cup frozen or fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 180C, and grease or line a muffin tray.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, combine all wet ingredients (eggs, vanilla extract, milk and coconut oil) except for the blueberries. Make sure the coconut oil is soft enough to mix but not hot, as it may cook the egg if it is too hot.
- Make a well in the dry ingredients and add the wet ingredients, mixing well.
- Add the blueberries to the mixture and fold gently to combine.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tray and cook for 16-18 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow muffins to cool completely before removing them from the tray.