- 5 cup dried dates
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 1/4 cup flaxseeds
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp maca (optional)
- 1 tsp cacao powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp honey/sweetener of your choice (you can add more or less depending on how sweet you want them!)
- Cover dates with water and soak for 15-30 mins. Preheat oven to 160C. Meanwhile, place flaxseeds in food processor and grind to a fine powder.
- Add almonds and pepitas to food processor and pulse a few times to create a coarse texture (not too fine). Place the processed mixture into a large bowl with the remaining ingredients (except dates).
- Place dates and the water they are soaked in, in a liquid blender and blend to a smooth paste. Add date paste to the bowl of other ingredients and mix together with a spoon, or clean hands!
- Press mixture into a greased and floured tin (or use baking paper) and place in the preheated oven. Cook, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes depending on your oven.
- Once cooked, allow to cool, remove from tray and slice into muesli-bar sized portions.