- 6 whole cloves garlic
- 1 pound heirloom tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp italian dried herbs
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- Preheat oven to 200C.
- Cut all tomatoes in half. Peel garlic cloves.
- Line a baking tray with baking paper, and evenly spread olive oil, herbs, salt, pepper and sugar. Place the tomatoes skin-side-up on the baking tray, and put in the preheated oven, cooking for 45-55 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 20 minutes. Blend on low speed for 1 minute until roughly blended but not 100% smooth.
- Store in refrigerator for up to 1 week.