- 2 cups cashews (or almonds, pecans, walnuts, or a combination)
- 2 cups pitted dates
- 10 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 8 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 4 tbsp sweet coconut nectar
- 1/4 tsp sea salt/himalayan salt
- 2 tsp maca powder (optional)
- raw buckwheat kernels or cacao nibs to top (optional)
- Place nuts in food processor and process until small and crumbly. Add dates and process until mixture starts to form.
- Add all other ingredients to food processor and process to mix thoroughly. Don’t overprocess!
- Put mixture into a thin tray/pan and press down using your hands.
- Optional – top with buckwheat kernels and/or cacao nibs, press them into the mixture before setting.
- Set in fridge for at least 3 hours before serving. Can also be set in the freezer for 1.5 hours if you are short on time.