This crumble recipe really couldn’t be any easier, and it can be used for all kinds of fruit crumbles.
It’s gluten-free and has a dairy-free option too.
And it contains only 3 ingredients.
- 1/2 cup buckwheat flour
- 3 tbsp coconut oil OR butter
- 1/3 cup raw sugar, or coconut sugar
You can also add oats, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes or crushed nuts to the mixture. I like to add chia seeds in the layer between the stewed fruit and crumble, so they expand with some of the moisture from the fruit, and they add in lots of essential fats, protein and key nutrients.
- Put all 3 ingredients into a large bowl, and use your fingertips to rub the coconut oil or butter into the flour/sugar mix. You want to aim for a crumbly kind of texture, with some ‘clumps’ I guess. The oil/butter is what will allow the mixture to cook and brown up, and go all crunchy and delicious.
- Add other ingredients (see above) if you’d like, once butter/oil is rubbed through the flour and sugar.
- Spread the crumble mix on top of any kind of stewed fruit/s, pop it in the oven for 30mins at 180C, and eat it hot or put it in the fridge for later. I really like eating it cold with a bit of yoghurt on top – so yum!
*Tip: include the protein options, like nuts & seeds, if you’re prone to sugar cravings or have blood sugar sensitivities. The protein will help keep your blood sugar levels more stable.
P.S. If you’re prone to sweet cravings, download my free ‘Overcome Cravings Guide’ right here.